PSEA exists to serve its members and to make sure that every student has the power of a great education, and PSEA can do this important work because of the dedication and energy of the 181,000 members who belong to our Association. PSEA members are teachers, education support professionals, higher education staff, nurses in healthcare facilities, retired educators, and college students preparing to become teachers. Our community of professionals makes a difference in the lives of Pennsylvania’s students every day.
PSEA’s strength comes not only from our members, but from our beliefs, our values and our passion. We promote, protect, and advocate for our schools, students and professions. We work together every day to be an informed, inclusive, and collaborative union and the leading voice for education and labor in Pennsylvania.
- Integrity in words, actions, and data
- Professional growth and expertise
- Student-centered teaching and learning
- Unionism and collective action
- Equitable resources and equal opportunities for all students
- Our members’ voices in the union and as leaders in our professions
- Respect and diversity in our Association and workplaces
- Partnerships with our communities
Every time we speak up for what we value, we harness the power of collective voice and collective action.
More about the PSEA Story.
View PSEA’s Timeline of Important Events